NJMDA, incorporated January 1, 2006, is a professional association serving four qualified constituencies within almost 100 managed commercial districts in New Jersey:
- Individuals serving as the primary compensated chief administrative or executive officer of a managed district located in New Jersey
- The district management corporations (DMCs) which, by statute and local ordinance, are designated by local municipalities to operate the managed district
- The trustees of the district management corporations
- Those within local government with an interest in the success of the district.
NJMDA associates receive a host of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Access to a database containing detailed information regarding district operations and programs at work throughout New Jersey
- Availability of a complete and up-to-date managed district network list
- Participation in regional dinners for chief executives/administrators only
- Networking/other activities for institutional representatives and board Members
- Access to comprehensive archives of articles relating to New Jersey’s districts
- Legislative and advocacy efforts before the NJ Legislature on issues of importance to New Jersey’s managed districts
- Affiliations, discounts and other benefits from associating with like- minded district oriented services and organizations
- Professional certification
- Access to district and professional research
- State-wide district event calendar
- Regional seminars
- Website and bulletin board with links and listing of all managed districts
What is NJMDA?
- To empower district management practitioners through advocacy, education, training and information exchange in all relevant areas.
- To represent the interests of individuals serving as the primary compensated chief administrative or executive officer of managed districts located in New Jersey and,
- To represent the interests of institutions operating managed districts located in New Jersey and,
- To represent the interests of managed districts located in New Jersey
Who governs NJMDA?
NJMDA is governed by a Board of Trustees.
Who qualifies for service as a Trustee?
Individuals and representatives of institutions and local governments operating, overseeing and managing improvement districts committed to promoting, advancing and serving the interests of public district management and its practitioners and who meet the ‘time, talent and treasure’ standards established by the Board of Trustees are eligible for service.
Who is a member of NJMDA?
NJMDA does not have members. Individuals, institutions and local governments working daily in managing their improvement districts have access to the full range of NJMDA services, advocacy and support. All those individuals, institutions and local governments operating, overseeing and managing improvement districts are known as Associates. NJMDA does not charge a fee to those who qualify as Associates.
What events and activities does the NJMDA sponsor?
The primary activities are NJMDA Annual Reception held with the NJ League of Municipalities Convention in Atlantic City and the Annual Seminar also held in November at the Convention.
What is the price of membership?
NJMDA does not have members, those working in the field of district management are identified as Associates of NJMDA, and there is no fee charged for that identification.